Technology Donations Change Lives
Spectrum Ecycle Solutions continues our commitment to supporting local charities by donating technology equipment through Caritas Connections to the US Probation Office’s Reach Higher program. This program is designed to provide ex-offenders access to online courses and help in their educational pursuits. The donated equipment includes laptops, desktops, and printers.
Why Choose the Reach Higher Program?
This worthwhile program provides educational resources to help ex-offenders gain employment skills, pursue trade school courses, and have access to other higher education. Because the program does not have the budget to purchase technology, we’ve donated approximately 180 recycled refurbished laptops since 2014.
How the Donations Help
The Probation Office has shared that the donated technology equipment is contributing significantly to the success of the program. They use the laptops for school work, job searches, and completing job applications. They are also utilized by the recipients’ family members who would otherwise not have access to this technology.
How Can You Help?
Since we do not carry non-profit status, we don’t have a way for our local residents or businesses to directly “donate” laptops for the program, but by recycling your technology with us, you are helping, and not just with this program. Laptops and computers that are in good shape after we destroy the data get set aside and donated to the Reach Higher program and other non-profits in our area.
Other Non-Profit Partners
Other non-profit organizations that we support locally include Habitat for Humanity, Saint Patrick Center, Salvation Army, Caritas Connections, Project, Inc., and Valley Industries.
- Habitat For Humanity – bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Saint Patrick Center – provides opportunities for self-sufficiency and dignity to individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Salvation Army – in the St. Louis region for 128 years; serving the community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year through emergency disaster services and other programs designed to help people attain, or regain, self-sufficiency.
- Caritas Connections – a faith-based organization dedicated to “connecting those who have with those who need.”
- Project, Inc. – providing job training and employment for adults with developmental disabilities since 1965.
- Valley Industries – sheltered workshop employing over 200 adults with developmental disabilities for flexible contract packaging, assembly, kitting, and distribution.