Let us help you free your home of unwanted electronics and help the environment in the process!
Why it’s important to RECYCLE
Although recycling efforts are improving, e-waste continues to be a major issue. Here are some statistics from the Environmental Protection Agency. . .
Recycling vs Disposal
- Of the 2.25 million tons of TVs, cell phones and computer products ready for end-of-life (EOL) management, 18% was collected for recycling and 82% was disposed of, primarily in landfills.
- From 1999 through 2005, recycling rate was relatively constant at about 15%. During these years, the amount of electronics recycled increased but the percentage did not because the amount of electronics sent for end of life management increased each year as well.
- For 2006-2007, the recycling rate increased to 18%, possibly because several states have started mandatory collection and recycling programs for electronics.
- 68% of consumers stockpile used or unwanted computers in their homes.
- As of January, 2012 Illinois law bans most electronic devices from the landfills.
Call or email us for drop off and pick up information
Hours of operations are 7:00a to 5:30p, Monday-Friday
(please call ahead for drop off)